Wednesday, July 7, 2010

worst picture but nice box week 2

This picture makes me sad but the box made me very very happy. I want to mention for anyone who doesn't know, the box is coming from Full Harvest Farm in Hartford WI and they deliver all over the place, and here is a link to check them out. http://www.localharvest.org/search.jsp?ty=-1&nm=hartland+wi&zip=&but.x=0&but.y=


This week box is beautiful . 3 beets. I'm not a beet eater but I will likely shred them and add some olive oil and salt and eat them that way. I'm really excited to cook the tops though -- I love the greens. I may even juice the beets with carrots. Beautiful radishes can't wait to eat those - raw with salt. Again a lonely kohlrabi which will be perfect cut up on salad which I got a great head of dark leaf lettuce again. There is a parsely plant to be installed in the flower bed by the kitchen door with last weeks basil. The cilantro is perfect and I may make that into pesto. Pea pods are perfect for eating in shell this time. Couple recipe posibilties there. Everything is going to have to hold in the fridge for the weekend though cuz I'm off to TX in the morning. I have it all stored in tupperware produce storage though which tends to extend life and flavor of my veggies.

I'm behind on last week's stuff - hope to write on an awesome salad I made and some lamb steaks yet. Hope to have time and computer access on vac this weekend. We'll see!! Maybe I'll come home with a new camera too.


No comments:

Post a Comment