Saturday, July 17, 2010

More salad



I'm not going to picture all my salads or write about them but salad is one of my favorite things to eat. I have to say the CSA is saving me money too - when left on my own I tend to buy packaged baby lettuce, usually Organic Girl. Its not cheap but I'm lazy and its high quality and cleaned. I still soak and spin it but don't have to work very hard. Above you can see the before picture of my salad. Lovely head of dark leafed lettuce. (Boston??)



The fresh lettuce is fantastic and it keeps longer than store lettuce which gives you an idea how long that stuff sits around before it makes it into your fridge. I put my head of lettuce into tupperware produce keeper and it was still perfect when I got home from TX. Here is my first lunch back...

I cleaned up/ tore up the lettuce. By the way anyone who loves salads really needs a salad spinner. I couldn't live without mine. Its a tupperware but P Chef and several other companies make good ones. I like the tupperware cuz its very light wt and I don't have to work terribly hard to get the lettuce dry.

Other than that its just feta cheese and some leftover salmon with pumpkin seeds. I tossed a couple torn basil leaves in there from my CSA plant too. I used my standard dressing which is just olive oil, lemon or lime juice (or vinegar) and greek seasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment