Sunday, July 4, 2010

The First Box and the first Blog

So I decided to write thru my first season of buying into a CSA. I bought a "couple sized" box for 20 weeks from a farm that delivers to my area and I'm going to take pictures and share recipes with friends and anyone else who cares to read this blog. Let me add the disclaimer - I'm neither a writer or chef.....





Here is a picture of the contents of the first box (nor am I a photographer!) I am using my cell phone for pics which is not the best either.








So the first box had a bag of fruitwood grilling chips (with instructions for use), 2 heads fresh garlic, 1 lonely kohlrabi, a head of dark leaf lettuce, a bunch of spinach, box of strawberries, a basil plant (which didn't make it into this picture for some reason), and a bag of peas in pods.

I was a little bummed to only get 1 kohlrabi but still very excited to get this box. Everything looked pretty good - strawberries needed to be used quick and the peas are a little larger than where I would pick them, but still better than the grocery store for sure!

2 comments: