Monday, July 5, 2010

LOBSTER PASTA

Somehow I was set up so that my title was transliterated into Hindi - that doesn't work for me! Fixed now, good ole english words.



Looking at this picture - yeah I really need a real camera, not my phone. I need it for more than this, I want to sell some stuff on ebay and do have a family reunion next weekend -- I suspect the pictures on here next week will be better quality - U might actuall be able to tell what I ate without the description then.





I needed a good pre race dinner, so that means pasta at our house. Angel hair is hubby's preference. I did not use a specific recipe. I boiled a couple lobster tails for a couple minutes and cut up the tail meat. Cooked the angel hair. Then I sauteed the last head of fresh garlic in quite a bit of butter. The butter is Freis von Kiel butter from Kiel, WI; very tasty butter, but not the best I've ever had. I combined the cooked pasta and lobster with the garlic butter and tossed it with fresh chopped flat parsely. Simple and really good. I did a quick saute in olive oil with halved cherry tomatoes and the spinach from the box. That spinach was very good. Not at all tough and didn't leave any film on the teeth. Not at all bitter. We loved it and hope more is coming. As far as being a good pre race meal... We both ran slower than last year at the firecracker 4, but not blaming the food.

No comments:

Post a Comment